Thursday 31 May 2018

A Box Of Delights #2

A Box Of Delights #2

This is the second half - here's the first.
(I thought I still had a copy of the published piece which gave details of all the toys in the box, but it seems to have vanished, so the following is just what I can remember...)

The top treat in this box of assorted self-pleasuring gadgetry was, of course, the Eroscillator. I remember it had four different, interchangeable 'heads' and I gave each one a go. Two felt a bit weird, one was OK and one was wonderful.
If I was going to make an actual chart of favourites, number two would have been the Tongue. It was a fairly horrific-looking item, to tell the truth: as you might have expected, it was supposed to resemble a tongue. But it was  about twice the size of a human tongue, made of lurid pink rubbery stuff, complete with veins, and had a hard white plastic base where the batteries went. It was nowhere near as pretty as this modern equivalent, but when I didn't look at it too closely, the effects were fairly spectacular. Prior to that weekend, I had been mostly used to the bog-standard rigid plastic tubes, which did the job well enough. This thing, being wide, flat and soft, felt quite different.
I think there may have been one of the egg-shaped vibes included, as well: I had a fondness for this type of toy as the first vibrator I ever bought was an Angel's Egg model (again, like this but uglier and more functional).
Otherwise, there were half a dozen or so vibrating things in slightly varied shapes, sizes and colours. I got a little bored, after a while, and resorted to testing them on my elbow or the tip of my nose, having remembered this suggestion from some or other article on how to choose your first vibrator.
And there was one which was supposed to be inserted and then... inflated, by means of an attached squeezy pump. I left that one till the end, as I was thoroughly wary of it: my imagination went off into unappealing visions of odd medical procedures, and random memories of the risk of air embolisms. I did my duty and had a go with it eventually, but found it uncomfortable and not particularly thrilling.
Feedback from readers on any particular article was... intermittent, to say the least, but we published my test session, and the suppliers of all the toys appreciated the credit we gave them. I think the 'Ooh, let's play with a load of sex toys' type of feature remained a once-a-year-or-so staple of the mag afterwards, but it wasn't an experience I repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment